SHOGUN Sumo Active Boost is a liquid emulsion concentrate composed of a natural compound called Triacontanol and a plant extract from the South Atlantic, harvested completely sustainably, as the harvesting is carried out by hand every two years, and new shoots re-grow very rapidly.
Triacontanol is a natural compound found in the waxes of plants and when applied either to the roots or the leaves acts as a growth stimulant that stimulates nutrient uptake and photosynthesis while increasing the content of sugars, proteins and the active constituents of essential oils in various crops.
The plant extract is produced by a physical process, high pressure cell burst, which extracts the delicate hormones and nutrients without the damage that could be caused by extreme temperature or chemical processes. This process ensures maximum retention of the auxins and cytokinins and also contains a wide range of other stimulating hormones such as brassinosteroids along with vitamins and amino acids. Auxins encourage apical growth development, which increases natural cytokinins production which in turn enhance cell division leading to enhanced shoot growth and flower set.
Applied to crops at the early stages of flowering development, Sumo Active Boost boosts shoot growth and flower set and enhances the plants ability to take up nutrients from the growing media, helping it to withstand stress conditions and attack from pests and diseases.
- Active principles of Sumo Active Boost activate cell division / multiplication process resulting in increases in shoot and flower growth.
- The leaves on the plant becomes larger and greener, so more carbohydrates are synthesized by the plants with enhancements in overall plant vigour.
- Increases the production of secondary metabolites. These metabolites are used as defence compounds and include resins and terpenes that normally protect the plants from their external environments.
- Increases water and nutrient uptake producing higher fresh and dry weights upon harvest.
- Increased the activity of certain enzymes and increased the calcium, magnesium and potassium concentrations in certain fruit and flowers.
Fantastic value with a 1-2ml per litre dilution rate. Used throughout flowering stage. Also particularly effective via foliar application which has a noticeable enhanced reaction from the plants.
Root Feed – Add at a rate of 1-2ml per litre to your nutrient reservoir or watering can, as soon as the flowering cycle starts and throughout until harvest. Do not use with hydrogen peroxide.
Foliar Application – Add at a rate of 2ml per litre and spray onto the leaves. Apply once when the flowering cycle starts and then again, 28 days later. The recommended pH for foliar application is – 5-7.
- Contains a phyto-hormone shown to stimulate various flowering enhancing functions
- Stimulates growth, photosynthesis , yield, water uptake and enzyme activity
- Stimulates secondary metabolite production and essential oil production in plants
- Used as a root feed throughout flowering but with targeted foliar applications for optimal effect
- Formulated specifically with a unique emulsion technology for in tank stability for up to 14 days
Feed charts are available from the SHOGUN Fertilisers website.