In auto mode, the Rhino Ultra Smart EC Controller can maintain your desired temperature level by automatically adjusting the speed of all connected fans.
In manual mode it will maintain a constant speed on all connected fans.
Powering The Controller
- The speed controller receives power through its connection to the fan.
- Once the thermal probe and at least one EC fan is connected to the controller, the POWER button will illuminate on the screen.
- While the controller is powered OFF and connected to a fan, press and hold the MODE button for 3 seconds
- Once the temperature appears on the screen, use the UP and DOWN buttons to select desired temperature format
- Press the POWER button to save your preference
Display on/off (night mode)
- While the controller is powered ON, the display can be turned off by pressing the MODE and UP buttons simultaneously
- The display can be turned back on at any time by pressing any button
Lock Controller Buttons
- To prevent any changes to your settings, you can lock the controller.
- You can LOCK and UNLOCK the controller by pressing the UP and DOWN buttons simultaneously
- The PADLOCK icon will flash on the screen when the controller is locked.
- Press the MODE button for 3 seconds to switch between MANUAL and AUTO modes
- The current mode is indicated by the AUTO or MANUAL icons in the top central section of the display
- MANUAL MODE allows your fans at a constant speed level, regardless of room temperature
- MANUAL MODE is indicated by the HAND icon
- To select the desired speed level, press the UP and DOWN buttons on the controller
- You can select between six speed levels, correspond to the following percentages of the maximum fan motor output
- Level 0 – 0%
- Level 1 – 15%
- Level 2 – 32%
- Level 3 – 50%
- Level 4 – 67%
- Level 5 – 83%
- Level 6 – 100%
- The selected speed is indicated by the IMPELLER icon and the number between 0 to 6
Programmable Auto Mode
- AUTO MODE allows the controller to automatically adjust the speed of the connected fans to maintain your predetermined target temperature
- To set up AUTO MODE ensure that the AUTO icon is displayed, if you see the HAND icon press and hold the MODE button for 3 seconds until the icon switches to AUTO
- Use the UP and DOWN buttons to select the desired temperature.
- The desired temperature can be set from 0 °C (32 °F) to 60 °C (140 °F)
Auto Mode Baseline Speed
- BASELINE (DEFAULT) speed level is the speed maintained by the controller when the desired temperature has been reached
- Select the BASELINE speed level by pressing the MODE button once while in AUTO MODE
- The number displayed under the spinning propeller icon will start blinking, allowing you select a fan speed from 0 to 6
- We recommend a BASELINE between 1 to 3, so the fan maintains low to medium airflow at all times
- If your application requires the fan to turn off when the target temperature is reached, the BASELINE speed must be set to 0
- TEMPERATURE ALARM feature allows the user to select the temperature level, that once reached will trigger the fans to accelerate to full speed
- The fan will override the current speed setting and blow at maximum speed the temperature reduces below the TEMPERATURE ALARM level or is cancelled by the user
- To access the TEMPERATURE ALARM setup, while the controller is OFF but connected to the fan, press and hold the UP button for 3 seconds.
- Press the UP or DOWN buttons to select the temperature in which you want the alarm to trigger
- Once you have selected the TEMPERATURE ALARM trigger level, press the POWER button to save it and power ON the controller
- Once the controller is powered ON, active the TEMPERATURE ALARM feature by pressing and holding the MODE and DOWN buttons simultaneously until the BELL icon illuminates on the display
- To deactivate the TEMPERATURE ALARM feature press and hold the MODE and DOWN buttons simultaneously until the BELL icon disappears from the display
- Smart Controller
- Thermal Probe
- User Manual
- Mounting bracket and screws