Grodan Delta Rockwool Cubes have a plastic sleeve that must be removed before transplanting into a hydro system for increased oxygen to the root zone and accelerated growth.
We recommend pre-soaking the rockwool cubes in weak nutrient solution which has been pH adjusted to about 5.5 and leave overnight. Before use, shake out excess nutrient solution ( DO NOT Squeeze the Cube ). Rooted cuttings can then be placed directly into the pre-soaked rockwool cube. The cuttings can then be grown into slightly larger plants until they are rooted through. When roots appear on the outside of the rockwool cubes, they can then be transplanted into your hydroponics system.
- Completely sterile and inert and ideal hydroponic growing
- Reduced risk of pests and disease
- Even root growth thanks to predominantly vertical fibre structure
- Designed for optimum air / water balance resulting in increased root growth
- Uniform quality and structure so water content and EC (CF) will remain the same for all plants
- Easy to re-saturate if it dries out, reducing the risk of root damage