The Easy2Grow system is a two plant growing module that only requires the addition of a header tank to make a completely functioning automatic plant watering system. Nutrient solution is provided by gravity from the header tank (available here) via 6mm pipe. The 6mm pipe is connected to the AQUAvalve which sits in the Easy2Grow Tray.
When set up the AQUAvalve automatically opens and fills the bottom of the tray to a shallow depth of about 20mm and then switches off the flow of nutrient to the tray. The nutrient solution in the Easy2Grow Tray is then drawn up via capillary action into the growing media contained in the pots, watering your plants.
The AQUAvalve remains shut until the nutrient solution in the bottom of the tray has been used up, once empty the AQUAvalve opens again allows the tray to be filled with nutrient solution again from the header tank. The AQUAvalve operates when necessary, increasing the frequency of the watering as the plants needs increase.
A Marix Disc at the bottom of each pot prevents the growing media from falling out of the bottom of the pots, while a Root Control Disc underneath each pot prevents roots from growing out of the bottom of the pots and blocking the AQUAvalve.
- 2 x Pots
- 1 x Easy2Grow Tray
- 1 x AQUAvalve
- 2 x Root Control Disc
- 2 x Marix Disc
- 1.5m of 6mm Pipe
- 47 Litre Header Tank with Lid
- 1 x Top Hat Grommet
- 1 x 6mm Filter
- Always water your plants through and allow to establish in the pots for at least 7 days before turning the system on.
- Always raise the header tank at least 150mm (6inch) above the highest AQUAvalve.
- Never allow the tank to run dry, we recommend re-filling the header tank before it drops below 1/3.
- Always use mineral fertilisers, as organic fertilisers can have a tendency to block pipework
- We recommend using a free draining substrate such as Gold Label Hydro/Coco 60/40.