The Autopot XL 1 Pot system is a single plant growing module that only requires the addition of a header tank to make a completely functioning automatic plant watering system. Nutrient solution is provided by gravity from the header tank (available here) via 6mm pipe. The 6mm pipe is connected to the AQUAvalve which sits in the Autopot Tray.
When set up the AQUAvalve automatically opens and fills the bottom of the tray to a shallow depth of about 20mm and then switches off the flow of nutrient to the tray. The nutrient solution in the Autopot Tray is then drawn up via capillary action into the growing media contained in a 25 Litre Pot, watering your plants as and when needed.
The AQUAvalve remains shut until the nutrient solution in the bottom of the tray has been used up, once empty the AQUAvalve opens again allows the tray to be filled with nutrient solution again from the header tank. The AQUAvalve operates when necessary, increasing the frequency of the watering as the plants needs increase.
A Root Control Disc in the bottom of the tray prevents roots from growing out of the bottom of the pot and blocking the AQUAvalve.
- 1 x 25 Litre Square/Round Pot
- 1 x XL Pot Tray
- 1 x AQUAvalve
- 1 x Root Control Disc
- 1.5m of 6mm Pipe
- Always water your plants through and allow to establish in the pots for at least 7 days before turning the system on.
- Always raise the header tank at least 150mm (6inch) above the highest AQUAvalve.
- Never allow the tank to run dry, we recommend re-filling the header tank before it drops below 1/3.
- Always use mineral fertilisers, as organic fertilisers can have a tendency to block pipework
- We recommend using a free draining substrate such as Gold Label Hydro/Coco 60/40.